We stand behind the quality and craftsmanship of our jewelry. Donna Jewelry offers a free lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on all Donna Jewelry fine jewelry. It is very important, however, to understand that wear and tear is normal on any piece of jewelry, and as you wear a piece of jewelry, it can get knocked at the right place and a stone can chip or get knocked out that easily. As the prongs and metal wear down, you will need to replace the prongs.
If you experience damage to your purchase due to manufacturing, we recommend you contact us so we may evaluate your piece. A $50 deposit will be taken before the shipment of your item to Donna Jewelry for evaluation, which covers the cost of shipping the item and an evaluation by our expert jewelers to determine if the damage is warrantied. We also offer complimentary shipping back to the customer for all warrantied repairs. Repairs that are not covered under the lifetime warranty will have a price quoted to the customer for approval before work is performed. If the customer chooses not to perform the repair, the jewelry will be shipped back to the customer. If a warranty issue is found, Donna Jewelry will repair the warrantied damage or replace the item without charge.
Repair or service performed by a jeweler other than Donna Jewelry will void the warranty. All fine jewelry can be affected by normal wear, activities, or trauma. This is especially true for rings, since hands are actively used and subject to daily pressure. Our manufacturing warranty excludes coverage for wear and tear, loss of gemstones, product loss, or theft. Coverage also excludes damage or loss caused by a failure to obtain the repairs required to preserve the integrity of the jewelry.
Some examples of common jewelry issues that would not be considered manufacturing defects include:
- The discoloration of precious metals such as 14k or 18k White Gold, as the natural color will be present over time due to normal wear.
- Silver discoloration caused by normal wear as well as chemicals, make-up, immersion in pools and hot tubs, or bathing.
- Precious metals, and especially prongs, wear down over time and may require restoration work as part of normal wear.
- Prongs catching, wearing out, or bending over time due to everyday wear or normal damage, allowing a Gemstone or Diamond to fall out.
- The loss of a gemstone caused by damage from everyday wear or from other damage.
- Gemstones or Pearls scratching or chipping due to normal wear.
Please refer to our Repair and Maintenance to help with all of these jewelry topics.
We also highly recommend that you maintain independent insurance coverage for your jewelry to help cover significant damage, loss, or theft. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (312) 750-0940 for more information.